Well, that sucks.
When Bane turns six years old, his mother dies and the guards toss her lifeless body into shark-infested waters. The young child has to face prison alone and it more than hardens him to reality. He begins to grow strong through the trials and other prisoners pledge to follow him. Eventually, the warden throws him into solitary confinement for ten years in order to break the young boy. Solitary confinement, however, only serves as a tool for Bane to sculpt his mind and body into a weapon suitable for war and he emerges a full grown man, ready to take vengeance on those who have done him wrong.
The training that Bane subjects himself to is pretty severe, but very simple. You have to remember, Bane grew up in prison. His teachers were other prisoners, good or bad. You can find the page from the comic at the bottom of the post. He did 1,000 push-ups, sit-ups, and pull-ups every day and meditated for four hours a night instead of sleeping. This is, of course, a work of fiction, so please do not forsake sleep or do this workout every day. However, you know it has to be extreme in order to rival the Batman! (This training gave him the mental and physical strength to withstand the Venom serum.) In any case, I have added a little bit to make the workout slightly more well-rounded.
Bane's Solitary Confinement Workout
- 1,000 Push-ups (any hand position)
- 1,000 Sit-ups
- 1,000 Pull-ups (any hand position)
- 1,000 Burpees w/jump
- These reps can be done in any number of reps and sets. You can also do any hand position for the push-ups (wide, close, diamond, Hindu, Dive Bomber, fingertip) and the pull-ups (pronated, supinated, close grip, wide grip). The only rule is that you have to do 1,000 reps of each exercise in a day. For instance, you could do 100 reps of each every hour for ten hours.
- If you are new to this type of thing, try to drop all of the reps to 100 and then gradually build yourself up. Just to remind you, you only have to complete the prescribed number during the course of a day.
- This is a pretty tough workout, but your saving grace is that you aren't doing it every day.
That's all for today! Until next time, good luck and train hard!