Here's the workout.
Sena's Basic Training (Eyeshield 21)
- Jog- 5 Minutes
- Crossover Step with Agility Ladder- 30 Times Each Direction
- 40 Yard Dash- 3 Sets
- Pushing- 3 x 30 Yards (1 Minute Rest Between Sets)
- Bench Press- 3 x 10 Reps (1 Minute Rest Between Sets)
- 40 Yard Agility Dash- 5 Sets (1 Minute Rest Between Sets)
- Run and Catch- 5 Sets
- An agility ladder is laid flat on the ground and each step goes in between two rungs of the ladder without skipping a space. You'll move laterally with your steps, crossing one foot in front of the other. Moving laterally is important to becoming more agile.
- You'll really have to push yourself in the 40 yard dash. It's all about acceleration. You need to be fast RIGHT NOW. You don't have time to get in a groove or build up speed. So, think about exploding off the line, dig in, and run as fast as you can!
- For pushing, it's best if you had an actual American Football sled, with the pad on it, but if not, you can push against a weight sled or even some larger tires.
- On your bench press, the amount of weight you pick should be so that the first two sets are build-ups to the last set and on the final rep of your final set you are pushing as hard as you can.
- The 40 Yard Agility Dash- You sprint your 40 yards and immediately turn around and sprint back. That's one set.
- The Run and Catch is very simple. You run out ahead of someone with a football and have them throw it so that you have to turn around and catch it. This will help with your hand-eye coordination and agility.
That's all for today. Hope you guys enjoy this workout, since it's a little bit different. Until next time, good luck and train hard!