Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Naruto's Early Training

For the record, this workout is NOT in the anime or the manga, per se. However, it is on the front page of Chapter 10 of the manga. The workout is hanging on the wall, behind Naruto's right shoulder. It's simple, straightforward, but still hard. I'm going to start looking a little harder for workouts in Naruto, but that's going to be rough considering a lot of the training has to do with Chakra and learning Ninja Techniques. Hopefully, though, we can get some more good stuff out of one of the most popular manga/anime in the world.

Naruto's Early Training

1. Run 10 Kilometers (Approx. 6 Miles)
2. 100 Push-ups
3. 100 Sit-ups
4. 100 Pull-ups
5. 30 Minutes "Ninjutsu Training"
6. 100 Punches to Kakashi Doll, i.e.- Heavy Bag

Notes:
  • In general, we're going to use "Time" as a function, so try to do the run, push-ups, sit-ups, and pull-ups as fast as possible, while keeping good form.
  • Your "Ninjutsu Training" can be whatever kind of martial arts training you want. You may do forms/kata, shadowbox, hit focus mitts, practice Iron Palm skills, or whatever. The point is that you are training some sort of skill or ability relevant to combat. Heck, you could even blindfold yourself and walk through your house, if you think that ability would be useful. I'm leaving this one up to you guys-- build your own skill set!
  • The punches to the heavy bag can be from whatever stance you want, using whatever style of punch you want, but do no more than 100 total punches.  I would also recommend bag gloves, so you don't tear the skin off your knuckles.
That's all for now. Until next time, good luck and train hard!

2 comments:

Extreme workouts said...

I actually saw this while reading naruto and tried the workout myself. It's a killer. Love all the updates. Cheers

The Anime Trainer said...

I remembered seeing it when I first was reading the series, but then, for the life of me, I couldn't remember where it was when I was going to make the workout. Even though I knew what the training schedule was, I wanted to at least reference the Chapter.

Welcome to Real Anime Training!

Congratulations! You've found the internet's original home for anime/fictional/nerdy fitness.  We've been dropping workouts and ...